Day 14 lots of movement, day 18 none!

Mommakoko

Hatching
Jul 6, 2020
Please help! Are my duck eggs Ok?- This is my first time incubating eggs and during candling on day 14 there was tons of movement, very exciting! 4 days later, today day 18 and nothing. Have they died? Of the 3 embryos, one seems to have grown a ton in 4 days and almost filling the shell. The other 2 seem to be the same size as they were 4 days ago. Shouldn’t they all be the same size? Also why no more movement? I’m afraid the humidity got too high? It was 68% today

Please help! Are my duck eggs Ok?- This is my first time incubating eggs and during candling on day 14 there was tons of movement, very exciting! 4 days later, today day 18 and nothing. Have they died? Of the 3 embryos, one seems to have grown a ton in 4 days and almost filling the shell. The other 2 seem to be the same size as they were 4 days ago. Shouldn’t they all be the same size? Also why no more movement? I’m afraid the humidity got too high? It was 68% today
The humidity shouldn't have hurt them. Do you see any veins? Candle again tomorrow and re-check.

When my duck eggs get close to hatching they barely move, and I usually think they are dead. Most of the time they aren't, so just leave them in for now. ;)

The humidity shouldn't have hurt them. Do you see any veins? Candle again tomorrow and re-check.
Hi. Yes I see veins. Also I placed a little thermometer inside from Home Depot to get a humidity reading and it’s getting a temperature reading 2.7 degrees higher than the one that came with the incubator. So the incubator says 99.5 and the one from Home Depot says 102.2 😬

Hi. Yes I see veins. Also I placed a little thermometer inside from Home Depot to get a humidity reading and it’s getting a temperature reading 2.7 degrees higher than the one that came with the incubator. So the incubator says 99.5 and the one from Home Depot says 102.2 😬
Did you calibrate the thermometer? Don't trust it unless you calibrated it. If there are veins it's alive.

Did you calibrate the thermometer? Don't trust it unless you calibrated it. If there are veins it's alive.
It’s not a food thermometer; I mean if there’s not a probe, how can I tell if it’s calibrated?

Back
Top Bottom