Day 14 lots of movement, day 18 none!

Mommakoko

Hatching
Jul 6, 2020
Please help! Are my duck eggs Ok?- This is my first time incubating eggs and during candling on day 14 there was tons of movement, very exciting! 4 days later, today day 18 and nothing. Have they died? Of the 3 embryos, one seems to have grown a ton in 4 days and almost filling the shell. The other 2 seem to be the same size as they were 4 days ago. Shouldn’t they all be the same size? Also why no more movement? I’m afraid the humidity got too high? It was 68% today

When my duck eggs get close to hatching they barely move, and I usually think they are dead. Most of the time they aren't, so just leave them in for now. ;)

The humidity shouldn't have hurt them. Do you see any veins? Candle again tomorrow and re-check.
Hi. Yes I see veins. Also I placed a little thermometer inside from Home Depot to get a humidity reading and it’s getting a temperature reading 2.7 degrees higher than the one that came with the incubator. So the incubator says 99.5 and the one from Home Depot says 102.2 😬

Did you calibrate the thermometer? Don't trust it unless you calibrated it. If there are veins it's alive.
It’s not a food thermometer; I mean if there’s not a probe, how can I tell if it’s calibrated?

Please help! Are my duck eggs Ok?- This is my first time incubating eggs and during candling on day 14 there was tons of movement, very exciting! 4 days later, today day 18 and nothing. Have they died? Of the 3 embryos, one seems to have grown a ton in 4 days and almost filling the shell. The other 2 seem to be the same size as they were 4 days ago. Shouldn’t they all be the same size? Also why no more movement? I’m afraid the humidity got too high? It was 68% today
The humidity shouldn't have hurt them. Do you see any veins? Candle again tomorrow and re-check.

Hi. Yes I see veins. Also I placed a little thermometer inside from Home Depot to get a humidity reading and it’s getting a temperature reading 2.7 degrees higher than the one that came with the incubator. So the incubator says 99.5 and the one from Home Depot says 102.2 😬
Did you calibrate the thermometer? Don't trust it unless you calibrated it. If there are veins it's alive.

Back
Top Bottom