Day 16 & Wiggling???

Bullet- It sounds like the temp was too high. You may need to check your thermometer. High temps make them develop faster and hatch faster but can cause birth defects.
Thank you. I had it set according to the instructions, and the thermistate seemed to be keeping it exactly there, apart from the daily cool down hour that was recommended and was part of the automated program. Eggs were auto turned several times a day till about three days before hatching was due.

Bullet, I am so sorry to hear that ! I have been lucky with my temperature being good. I couldn't see the pictures as they were password protected! But I am glad that you had two hatch. I had a broody sitting on some eggs and she abandoned them, so I stuck them in with my other eggs and they hatched amazingly. My other four in there are supposed to hatch this Friday. So we will see.

They say high temperatures cause deformity. That might have been some of your problem.

Here is one of my blue chicks that hatched !

Hi choptank330,
No today is the 16th day of incubation, but I am not optimistic as the temperature has been going up and down by 0.1 to 0.3 I between that rage , I have heard that irregular temperature can cause disabilities in chicken and upon candelling the egg so far all 9 are still alive and the eggs seem to be very dark and full . One egg in particular has caught my eye as I could see veins but there is blood clots on it it looks like 5 black dots on one vein.

Tomo will be the full 18th day , I am not sure whether i should lock them down. Some eggs are showing good growth but some i think have blood cloths but still alive.
I have 3 silkies and 9 sabelpoot in them . Silkies egg air sac are not that big but sabelpoot air sac is nearly half the size of the egg. I do not know why is that as i never put any water in but still the humidity is always between 35%to 40 % . I am not sure whether silkies will hatch as their air sac is not big .
I am pulling my hairs . Do you think i put them on lockdown and some egg air sac is not big enough for the baby to hatch

I would go ahead and lock down first thing in the morning. Today was day 18 for me and I locked mine down at about 3:30. So we shall see. Don't worry I think all will be just fine.

Hi guys,

just an update on my incubation process. Today is the day 18 so i have filled one part of water well and stopped turning the eggs . I am hoping that the humidity stays between 60 and 65 . Fingers crossed

what is the best humidity for last 18 days , at what point there is a danger of drowning the chick?

Back
Top Bottom