Day 17 (edited)

MaryT

Songster
11 Years
May 5, 2008
Elkton
Ok first off this is my second try but we had a power failure and the chicks died at 2weeks into the incubation......
sad.png

Now for my second try

Set 8 eggs at 1:51 pm on 9-16
thermometer end up(for turning eggs)
Temp. 102.9
hum. 51%
Wiggler temp 99

turned eggs at 4:08 pm
Temp. 98.6
hum. 53%
Wiggler temp 99

Put 4 more eggs in (now have one dozen) in at 656 pm

turned eggs at 9:48 pm
Temp. 104.2
hum. 51%
Wiggler temp. 99

Day one
9-17

Turned eggs at 5:33 am

Temp. 102.6
hum. 48%
Wiggler temp 99

I think I am doing ok?
Hope it works this time

CopyofP9160031.jpg

P9160030.jpg

I bet all of you recognize the construction of the incubator.... Thank you Miss Prissy
Although My DH put two of the coolers together to make it bigger it seems to hold temp and Hum. well......

Last edited:
Thank You I am hoping as well...........
I must say even with the first hatch miss hap I am still very excited.....................

We will have power for 21 days!

My DH told me if the power goes out get some candles to keep the Heat ................. Would that work???????? Hmmm have to check that one out......

I guess mine are mutts too they are BO x EE.... Although I think I heard they are designer chicks now not mutts.....lol

Good luck on your hatch

It seems like forever doesn't it!?
caf.gif
I am on day 20 with a pip in the hatcher, but just started a new batch too! Today is day 1 for my new ones!
Sounds like your 'bator is really stable...great job!
thumbsup.gif

Best wishes for your hatch!
fl.gif

~Rebecca

Day Two!! Yahoo!! lol Designer Chicks is what their called now, sweet. My broody finally got up yesterday and got a bite and drink. She had been sitting on some of my own eggs, prior to the new ones I gave her, so she's actually been brooding for a week now. I threw the other eggs out after looking real careful at them. I cracked one and there was nothing in it. Hopefully she makes it all the way through till the end.

Back
Top Bottom