Day 17 Situation, Input Appreciated

The second early pipper made it out easily last night, also from the wrong end of the egg. A third has pipped, in the correct end. After this, there should be a lull until the others start. It might give me time to clean up a little. Today is day 19.

Update, the first chick pipped externally so now I'm on day 18 with two external pips and about 4 eggs that seem well ahead of the others.

I'm not sure if they could have been developing ahead of setting because if I'm reading the dates right, they were laid fresh right before I set them. So now I'm leaning toward hot spots in my incubator. I did shuffle the eggs into different spots inside, but only once on day 14.
this summer 2 broody hens eggs started hatching early. The morning of day 19 I had fluffy chicks and eggs that hatched on day 21... both broodies... it was 95f and about the same humidity out.. I pick up eggs every couple of hours and store in a cool basement. :idunno

this summer 2 broody hens eggs started hatching early. The morning of day 19 I had fluffy chicks and eggs that hatched on day 21... both broodies... it was 95f and about the same humidity out.. I pick up eggs every couple of hours and store in a cool basement. :idunno

Must've been hot spots under your broodies too, lol!

My hatch is going well, thanks! My 4 early birds went in the brooder this morning and now that I'm on day 20, the next wave is starting. All eggs are drawn down, many are internally pipped, some are externally pipped and this one just came out. It's the third one to come out the wrong end of the egg. A little olive egger.
20181017_155522.jpg
20181017_160636.jpg

Back
Top Bottom