Day 18.....Lockdown

Day 22... Ok, so something changed, I can definitely see the air sack has grown
wee.gif
...there are 4 that have not a lot of the fluid left at the pointy end of the egg and very limited movement... The others, not so sure, the air sack has grown but the fluid in many has not decreased, its like the babies are stuck between the air sack and the fluid, not a lot of movement out of them either?? Not adding any more water (basically doing a dry hatch until lockdown) Humidity running dry at 39%, temperature between 101 and 102.. Im being patient, any other suggestions? What can I expect when(if) they start hatching, any special instructions in dealing with that fluid...I know the biggest danger is of them drowning right? Or getting stuck?? I just don't want to freak out and come in here yelling help
he.gif

ok so was ready to s lockdown today as day 18 and had one hatch this morning. None of the others are showing signs of hatching so maybe a eager beaver? (all the same breed of Buff columbian Pekin chicken).
Also how long before she can stand and support herself? Been about 5 hours and she looks drunk lol!

Finally!! Hope hope hope this little one makes it out ok, its rocking and chirping , see it pretty soon I think if nothing else goes wrong!

will they die if i completely stop turning them during lockdown?
I'm not an expert but i was advised that the lockdown period is for them to maneuver into position ready to pip so they need no turning from this point or you wold be undoing all their hard work.

Back
Top Bottom