Day 19, incubator temperature is reduced to 35.5 c, will they hatch?

alireza18feb

Songster
Mar 28, 2020
They're chicken eggs
My incubator thermostat seems to have broken down, I can't seem to adjust the temp right, it was 37.7 before day 19, now it's 35.5 and if I set the thermostat to any higher temps it'll go up to 42 degree, so I'll just stick to 35.5, will they hatch? I've heard that embryos start to generate their own body heat when they develop enough

What happened? Did they hatch? I'm heading to bed on day 18 (tomorrow will be 19) and I just checked and temp is at 80.2 (27 C). I cannot believe this is happening.
Temp has been at 99.7 the entire 18 days. Today the light bulb dies.
I am hoping all my marans are not dead. I don't know when it happened. At 6 pm it was ok, that was last I checked.
It is now 11 pm. I hope they still hatch.

What happened? Did they hatch? I'm heading to bed on day 18 (tomorrow will be 19) and I just checked and temp is at 80.2 (27 C). I cannot believe this is happening.
Temp has been at 99.7 the entire 18 days. Today the light bulb dies.
I am hoping all my marans are not dead. I don't know when it happened. At 6 pm it was ok, that was last I checked.
It is now 11 pm. I hope they still hatch.
Yes they did and they're all healthy, all hatched on day 21
I think you're going to be fine depending on how long the temp has been low, I mean we've all had power outages and still got a good hatch, try to keep the temp between 37.5 and 38 for a comfortable hatch (sorry about those units, just convert them to fahrenheit).
Chicks need warmth, even after they've hatched, otherwise they'll get weak, try t to read my new thread too
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...the-chick-hasnt-hatched-try-this-tip.1451862/
, please keep me posted on your results

Yes they did and they're all healthy, all hatched on day 21
I think you're going to be fine depending on how long the temp has been low, I mean we've all had power outages and still got a good hatch, try to keep the temp between 37.5 and 38 for a comfortable hatch (sorry about those units, just convert them to fahrenheit).
Chicks need warmth, even after they've hatched, otherwise they'll get weak, try t to read my new thread too
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...the-chick-hasnt-hatched-try-this-tip.1451862/
, please keep me posted on your results
two eggs have pips this morning (day 19) so I think at least some of them will be fine.I'm glad to hear your hatch went well despite the lowered temp.

two eggs have pips this morning (day 19) so I think at least some of them will be fine.I'm glad to hear your hatch went well despite the lowered temp.
Awesome
Don't let the temp fall below 36 or they'll have a difficult time hatching

yes 8 out, 3 more pipping (and as far as I know the rest could have no viable chick in them- they are too difficult to candle since they are Marans.) I am very relieved.... I will do an experiment once the hatch is over- I want to get incubator to temp and then unplug it.. and check every half hour to see how much it drops. So I know how long it was without heat. Im thinking at least 2hours.

Back
Top Bottom