Day 19-- TWO and counting!

cozycritters

Songster
11 Years
Mar 4, 2008
Tucson, Arizona
My first hatch-- seven eggs-- OEB's chosen by my son.

I went to check the eggs this morning and there was a silver little guy! My three year old just watched the second one (reddish with chipmunk stripes) go from pip to hatch over one hour.

From what I can see there are three other pips!

And I thought we would have none!

Pics once my camera is charged
smile.png

Wow you too? Yesterday was day 19 for me and I had a Rhode Island Red, and a Silver Spangled Hamburg hatch out, and now I have three more pips. Come on chickies!!!
jumpy.gif

I have read in a few different places that bantams have a tendency to hatch a little earlier? I don't know about that from experience though. 5 out of 7 isn't bad at all! Good luck with them... and no matter what, don't open the bator until you know that no more will hatch, and the ones that have hatched are dried. LOL Now that IS speaking from experience, I just wanted to open the incubator and check the sides of the eggs that I couldn't see for pips, and of course to get a better view of the newly hatched chicks!

As of this morning we have five chicks-- out of seven eggs that's not bad at all. My three year old has named the three chipmunky ones all 'Ninja'... so I guess that makes it easier if we have some roos!

They're all really strong and beautiful. I'm expecting my eggs to hatch on Monday, so we'll be going through this again on Monday!

Back
Top Bottom