Day 20 egg and no pip yet..?

Mind if I share some of mine too? The kids names ours, Rosie, Luna, Star, Sunny, Milo and Lucky. Milo Rosie Sunny and Rosie Milo with morning hair Luna giving me a coronary while taking a nap All six running wild in the home made brooder.
Awe they're adorable!! :)

In the mix we have 3 L/Sus, 1 A/lorp and 2 RIR.

Been watching Mike Rowe video's on how to sex day old chicks....takes some experience as thy all look like cockerels to us! Knowing my luck they probably all are hahahaha.

Look forward to seeing the other new chicks in this thread.

In the mix we have 3 L/Sus, 1 A/lorp and 2 RIR.

Been watching Mike Rowe video's on how to sex day old chicks....takes some experience as thy all look like cockerels to us! Knowing my luck they probably all are hahahaha.

Look forward to seeing the other new chicks in this thread.

I'm no expert on sexing chicks, but I have yet to be wrong with an initial guess on their genders. I use their wings and their faces to tell- if I think a chick looks like a roo then I say it's a roo, if it looks like a hen then I say it's a hen.

My chick that hatched yesterday at 11 am still isn't fluffed yet. It is a little but not much. Its 8:30 now, is that normal. Its not gooey or anything just isn't fluffy.

My chick that hatched yesterday at 11 am still isn't fluffed yet.  It is a little but not much.  Its 8:30 now, is that normal.  Its not gooey or anything just isn't fluffy.

Yeah that's normal. Some chicks just fluff slower than others

Our first ones took some time, but we are incubating in a Hovabator, when the last pair were hatched we took the two red plugs out and the humidity level dropped just below 70%, the last two fluffed up in just a few hours.

Last edited:
Our first ones took some time, but we are incubation in a Hovabator, when the last pair were hatched we took the two red plugs out and the humidity level dropped just below 70%, the last two fluffed up in just a few hours.

Same with my bator, 'cept I have a homemade bator and a little giant

Aaaahhh, thanks for posting this video
smile.png
We are waiting on our hatch at Day 22. I have a few shaking but no pips yet.

Exciting hey, we had 6 of our remaining 7 pip today, and one hatched. I even managed to catch it on video while watching it with my son.

It's the best feeling, hard to be patient and not get worked up. I had to go make something else to take my mind of nature doing it's thing.

Aaaahhh, thanks for posting your video. We are waiting for ours to hatch. We are on Day 22, with shaking but no pips.

Back
Top Bottom