Day 20 Of Hatching Eggs for the first time!

I am on day 20 so I now what you are going through. I am using a broody hen this time so they are in the barn and I am in the house so it's not too bad.

I dont have a broody hen. the one walks and drops em out, and the others go in and lay and leave them and get frustrated when i come in and take them lol.

Not yet, we'll see im trying to stay away from looking cause im going crazy watching them when nothing is happening yet hah. Im looking for good movies on netflix to watch to distract myself.

Quote:
You know that new twilight movie is out and so is the Adam Sandler movie, Grown up or something like that. Technically my day 21 starts at 8:00 pm tonight, so I know how you feel. I am about to go out and weed the tomatoes and cucumbers. They really need attention. My onions are very neglected as well.

Good luck.

hide.gif
So today is day 21 and its already 6:30pm. and Nothing is going on. Im starting to give up hope. I dont see any movement or any type of pip or chirping. Temps are good and humity is good. Dont know what is going on.
sad.png

Quote:
I had a hatch that nothing happened until day 23. As a matter of fact they were due the 3rd of July and didn't start hatching until the 5th. I didn't get my first pip until late on the 4th and they were still hatching on the 6th. It was a long hatch.

Anyway, I have seven chicks so far. I am going to go out and change the light bulb in the brooder to something a little warmer (poor mama hen) so the the chicks can run around a bit and my hen can sit more on the still unhatched eggs and not keep scooting forward to cover chicks trying to peek out and leave the unhatch eggs to get stone cold. Now I am afraid they might not hatch.

Jeffrey, I am also on my first hatch and today is day 21. I have not seen any rocking, rolling or piping either!
sad.png
My bator is homemade, but the temps and humidity have been pretty steady during the entire time. It is a still-air unit and the digital thermometer (farthest away from the lightbulb) stays around 98 - 99 and the regular therm (near the heat source) stays between 99 and 101. From what I've read, this may be a little low so I'm not expecting eggs to hatch until tomorrow or maybe Monday. I've read on here before not to give up until at least day 23 or 24, so hang in there. I'm going to build another, larger bator that will be a forced air unit for my next hatch. I can't believe how addicting this is!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom