Day 20 on my cuckoo maran eggs!! Wish me luck UPDATED PICS

Well one has hatched! Now another is pipping. I believe these are 2 of my Barnevelders, or welsummers I am not sure. They are from some eggs I got off ebay. The chicks stomache is still attached to some tissue in the egg, is this normal?

dsc00215lu0.jpg

well the tissue from that is attached to its stomache come undown or this is abnormal? I am assuming it is where the embilical cord is, how ever you spell that.

Can I ask why you didn't take the turner out?
ep.gif
They're likely to get stuck in the turner. I don't know which is worse at this point in time....leaving it in or taking it out!

well its not on, I have staggered ages of eggs in there. I know thats not the smartest thing to do, because the older eggs arent getting turned. Until the hatched chicks are out. Im watching very closely to make sure they dont get stuck. Live and learn!

They're gonna have a real hard time getting their feet under them trying to learn to walk on the turner. I know it's a live and learn thing, but trying to do a staggered hatch in one incubator works against all the eggs you've got in it.

Back
Top Bottom