DAY 20 Power outage

Okay it has just occurred to me that the hatched one is a bantam and the others are standards. Does that mean that my temperature is actually off by enough to delay by a few days, since bantams are shorter?

Okay it has just occurred to me that the hatched one is a bantam and the others are standards. Does that mean that my temperature is actually off by enough to delay by a few days, since bantams are shorter?
It could be, I'm not sure. A lot of bantams still hatch at 21 days, much more often than the 18 days, so it could just be that that one halpened to hatch first. Are there pips in any of the others?

I think you'd better candle your other eggs and see what's going on there.

Just an update, the chick and I are settled in back home, and when I candled the unhatched egg I saw that about 6 had died very late stage, and a couple others just looked kinda shadowy. I had taken the blanks out earlier on. I am going to get a friend for the baby when possible, but at the moment there isn't anywhere open to do so.

Just an update, the chick and I are settled in back home, and when I candled the unhatched egg I saw that about 6 had died very late stage, and a couple others just looked kinda shadowy. I had taken the blanks out earlier on. I am going to get a friend for the baby when possible, but at the moment there isn't anywhere open to do so.
Don't beat yourself up about the power outage. Sometimes, late losses just happen. A good hygrometer should make a difference, next time. How's your Mom doing?

Back
Top Bottom