Day 20! what are your reasons for having a chicken coop?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by firsttimehatch1, Apr 23, 2017.

1. firsttimehatch1

firsttimehatch1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2015
    woo one more day I cannot wait! :)
    Having a hard time getting the humidity up tho. Fingers crossed it goes up this time. Channels are full.

Usually once I hatch them and keep them for a few weeks I give them to a friend who has a farm.
    BUT I have caught myself looking at small coops for my back yard.

What are your amazing reasons for having a chicken coop?

2. emmaellis111

emmaellis111 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2015
    shropshire UK
    Good luck with the hatch. It's a special moment watching them hatch. I have a small coop in my garden it will hold up to 5 big bird it was £100. I love it. [​IMG]
    it would cost a fortune to build one.
    I love having chicken it makes my garden look nice lol. I would keep them and but a coop.

3. firsttimehatch1

firsttimehatch1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2015
    oh my gosh that coop is so amazing!
    so far 2 amuracaunas and 3 lemon orpingtons have hatched. I believe 2 more have pipped. Fingers crossed for more.

4. emmaellis111

Jul 5, 2015
    shropshire UK
    Good luck. Send us some pictures when they've hatched. I love chicks.it is so addictive hatching chicks.. I want more lol

5. kissezmychicken

kissezmychicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2017
    Chickens are wonderful. If I'm down..I go out and watch them run and wag their behinds. Always makes me smile.

6. emmaellis111

Jul 5, 2015
    shropshire UK
    Definitely... They always seem to find away to cheer you up [​IMG] my seramas made me laugh about an hour ago. A magpie came into to garden and both my hen chased after it. And my cockrel keeps chasing bumble bees. There just like kids apart from they dont answer back lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by