Day 20 with a broody hen

A broody hen, unlike an incubator will normally hatch in exactly 21 days.
Yeah, I'm not very optimistic. I don't know what happened. She sat on those eggs every single day and did not get up often. I candled and saw 2 eggs with movement, however, they are ones that were added by other hens a few days after the initial ones and I don't know what day they are on.

Yeah, I'm not very optimistic. I don't know what happened. She sat on those eggs every single day and did not get up often. I candled and saw 2 eggs with movement, however, they are ones that were added by other hens a few days after the initial ones and I don't know what day they are on.
The 2 volunteers are likely still able to hatch since they weren't set on the 25th.
Many of the other may not have been fertile nor were they able to develop for a multiple of reasons.

The 2 volunteers are likely still able to hatch since they weren't set on the 25th.
Many of the other may not have been fertile nor were they able to develop for a multiple of reasons.
I'm sad. They look to be pretty well developed I just don't see any movement. It's been multiple days after so I guess there is not much hope. This is my second time trying to let my broody hatch and it's failed.

Back
Top Bottom