Day 21 1st hatch !!!! Float test HELP !!!

good night and good luck. i am on day 21 as well and nothing yet. i didn't set them until around 7ish pm 3 weeks ago so i haven't gave up yet. maybe we will both wake up with a bunch of new babies!

How's everyone doing this morning? I was sure I was waking up to count how many chicks were in my incubator since I had heard them peeping all night long, but instead I awoke to the same two pips, just progressed enough to allow them to make loud noises out of them. Uhg! I hate how long it sometimes takes for chicks to hatch! And it's always the expensive ones that seem to struggle!
barnie.gif

If you're wondering, it's been almost 24 hours on both pips, but I'm going to leave them to do their thing. I don't know if I've ever helped a chick to hatch that didn't later fail to thrive or have other issues. As hard as it is, I go by the mantra that if the chick is unable to hatch by itself, it most likely was not going to thrive anyway.

Hopefully things will start picking up around here! Anybody have more chicks pop out over night? Photos please!

I know it's early, but I'm pooped. I think I'm going to call it a night in hopes of waking up to 5 chicks! I'll check in tomorrow morning to see how everybody is doing!

How's everyone doing this morning? I was sure I was waking up to count how many chicks were in my incubator since I had heard them peeping all night long, but instead I awoke to the same two pips, just progressed enough to allow them to make loud noises out of them. Uhg! I hate how long it sometimes takes for chicks to hatch! And it's always the expensive ones that seem to struggle! :barnie

If you're wondering, it's been almost 24 hours on both pips, but I'm going to leave them to do their thing. I don't know if I've ever helped a chick to hatch that didn't later fail to thrive or have other issues. As hard as it is, I go by the mantra that if the chick is unable to hatch by itself, it most likely was not going to thrive anyway.

Hopefully things will start picking up around here! Anybody have more chicks pop out over night? Photos please!
I woke up to the same thing ggarratt. 2 same pips and the one that was zipping has hatched. Another splash Ameraucana. :) It's still only day 21. :fl I hope they all hatch! Come on chickies!!

I had to open the bator really quickly to add more water. It didn't drop bellow 68%, but I am gone all day and didn't want to have to worry about it.

Oh and I've helped many chicks hatch, and not a single one had an issue. Most I helped hatch were drying out.

Well for me it's nothing yet , no pips peeps... i'm getting to the conclusion that i might have to start myself a new batch and THIS TIME leave them alone...
smack.gif
.. I'll keep them till day 24 and then crack them open... sigh !!!! i think what bothers me the most is seeing them move in that container of warm water ... i will NEVER EVER do that test again... (even though it was sooooo cool)

Well for me it's nothing yet , no pips peeps... i'm getting to the conclusion that i might have to start myself a new batch and THIS TIME leave them alone... :smack .. I'll keep them till day 24 and then crack them open... sigh !!!! i think what bothers me the most is seeing them move in that container of warm water ... i will NEVER EVER do that test again... (even though it was sooooo cool)
Sorry to hear that Fudge!

I hope you have better luck next time :fl

They don't hatch with a placenta but I have seen a few without the yolk fully absorbed. If that were to happen leave it alone and let the chick rest and absorb the rest on its own!!!!! Never attempt to pop or remove it. It is best to keep the chick isolated from the others until its abdomen is firm enough to resist curious pecks from other chicks, it can take a day or two so patience is best.

Dolly85 do you mind me showing you the picture of my 23 day old dead chicks to see what you think ? i did a eggtopsie instead of throughing them out....

Oh, no I don't mind at all. As a mom, nurse and a hobby farmer since I was a little kid I have a pretty tough stomach lol!

Great! this will maybe help me

understand their death, i thought they maybe died around the 18 day. I went to go see pictures of the development of chicks in eggs and they kinda looked like this. I find their yolk sacks really big though ....

Back
Top Bottom