Day 21 and a Chick under mama ++PIc++

fl.gif

Ellie, you may need to candle that last egg, since it's Skye's. Some of hers are having trouble, either because she's not being mated properly and they arent fertile or they're very delicate and just wont ship well. Someone just had one of hers that did develop and quit at two weeks. In any case, I think I'd candle that one if it hasn't pipped by the middle of today, if Lacy will let you have it.

I will Cynthia. She lets me rummage around under her and spoon feed her every morning. She is the best chicken ever! With her being so young and sitting this long and taking such good care of those eggs and babies, I am just so proud of her.
love.gif

It's not like I don't know all hens do this, but hey, this is her and my first time. Now I know what y'all are talking about! Nothing like it...

Ellie

Hey, you know, this was a great hatch with shipped eggs, even if that last one doesn't make it! Too bad Lexie's baby pipped then died, but I only sent six total all the way across the country and you'll have four or even five, if this last one hatches. Very good job your sweet Lacy did!

You can all see that buying eggs from Cynthia (Speckled Hen) is a winner. Those eggs were packed so well, that even the Post Office couldn't break them. They were fertile and big and all labeled so I knew who was who (until now of course, LOL).

She also did this in ONE DAY! I had a broody chick on the weekend no less all the way across country in California, and within 4 days of asking Cynthia if I could have just a few to get under her, I had 6 beautiful eggs.

She and Lacy are to be congratulated!

Thanks again, Cyn,
Ellie

Last edited:
I'm just glad it worked out this way! My girls just happened to produce enough that week for me to be able to slip you a handful of eggs for Lacy to fulfill her motherhood urges. So, I can't really take all the credit. And I even had an extra Blue Orp, which rarelyhappens! It was just great timing all round. Congratulations on your and Lacy's new little family!

Back
Top Bottom