day 21 and i have nothing / now day23 and some success

tobin123

Songster
13 Years
Mar 4, 2009
fountaintown,indiana
hi,this is my first hatch so I really do not .I have been using a lg but the temp has always been 99.5 Irotated 3 times a day stop on day 18, I dont have any way of testing humitidy but water is full and plugs are out.when should i give up?

Last edited:
not yet. did you candle the eggs? it would be ok to take one out and that if you want to. but dont worry. some time it can take a few extra days.

Let them go for a while yet, til day 25. I keep the temp in my LG around 100-101 (still air). If the temps run a little cooler, they can take longer to hatch. Hang in there!

I wouldn't touch the temperature at this point. They are tricky to adjust. One slip and you could bake them. I'd also put the plugs back in. I know the instructions say to take them out, but I always leave them in until the windows start fogging up or getting condensation on them. Once the chicks start to pip, the humidity will go up and that's when you might want to take one out or cover the hole halfway.

I've also found with my LG's that I can't get the humidity to where it needs to be without putting in either a damp sponge with a damp folded paper towel over it or just laying a damp washcloth in there. Depending on the humidity in your room, just filling the wells might not be good enough.

i would just let this batch go. if its already been 21 days it wont help now. just give them afew more days and wait for it.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom