Day 21 and one egg pipped

wells06

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 5, 2014
Hello. This is my first time incubating and hatching eggs. Our first batch I cooked and this our second one had mostly clears. They are a mixture of American Gamefowls which I think are gorgeous. Only 4 made it lockdown; 1 Albany, 1 Kelso and 2 Blues. I have been worried since they have no movement but looked here and saw someone suggested to tap on the glass or whistle. I decided to go on Youtube and play chicks chirping and 2 started moving. A few hours later the Kelso had pipped through the shell but it's only a crack, no hole. Now that one and his neighbor one of the Blues started moving every few hours. The other Blue moved a few times and the Albany hasn't. That egg was always growing better than the others so I guess he is just taking his time; he is the biggest egg. Pretty sure hubby will stay awake but I can't: I have to put 4 kids on the bus in the morning. I tapped on the glass but that makes the eggs shake . Do you think the Albany is still good? I did candle it on day 20 and there was no internal pip and still good viens. Pretty sure it shifted since it looked different than day 18. The incubator humidity never went down below 65 and when I opened it to candle that one and to add water this morning before they pipped the lowest was 55 then shot back up within minutes. I kept the humidity below 50 during the 18 days as adding a tiny bit water shot it up to above 60. It's a circulating incubator that stayed at 99 the most time.

Oh I'm not. Right now the 2 are talking to my husband while he whistles at them so I know they are good. And we saw one trying to get through the crack he pipped. Hubby said open it do he could move the Albany egg closer to the sponge and I told him no way!

these 2 hatched for me today day 20- 2 more have pipped under hen and 3 still waiting to do something- I am removing the chicks as they hatch- then putting some 1 week along eggs from the incubator under her.

Last edited:

This one hatched very early this morning. Woke up to him/her. And the egg next to him pipped and is halfway zipped with the break hanging out. The other two haven't moved or pipped yet but it's day 22. Going to wait until day 24 or 25 to see what happened.

Back
Top Bottom