day 21 chicks internally pipped, day 22 no external pip

Fabry222

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone, this is my first time incubating chicken eggs, i'm on day 22 and i haven't seen exeternally pipping :idunnobut when i wistle to the chicks they chirp, they started chirping on day 21. Should i worry,? I have to make a safety hole? and they also chirp low and not as loud as day 21:hit
Thanks for who replies.
Sorry if i wrote bad but i'm from Italy :lol:

Hi and welcome to BYC. Personally, I wouldn’t be overly concerned about the lack of pipping and leave them alone. Your incubator settings and monitoring of humidity and temperature are factors to consider. Maybe post any further concerns on this forum - https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/incubating-hatching-eggs.5/

Your English is excellent by the way :)

Good luck

Hi, thanks for the replay, my temperature it's at 37.5 C° (99.5 ferenhight) and the humidity at 60 %, i was thinking🤔 that maybe they couldn't break the shell, so i should spray the eggs with water? They started internally pip on the evening of day 20 and now is the morning of day 22 and still no externally pipping:idunno
I don't know if they pipped on the other side (not the other end) of the egg:hit

Welcome to our FUNomenal Community!
:wee

Best Wishes & Be Well!
Good luck with the hatch! :fl

Back
Top Bottom