day 21

buck65

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 13, 2009
wisconsin
i started 36 eggs from my rhode island hens and barred rock roo 21 days ago (sunday night) and 10:00 am today i have 1 peep so far, i am a little concerned that i may have a bad egg in there i think i can smell something bad.

It's ok.. If you hear peeping then you did something right. It could have been that the temps were a little off. If you smell something in the bator then it is prob a bad egg. If you candle your eggs you will find the bad one quickly. It will be the one that looks WAY different than the rest.

Make sure you don't have any pips before you open to candle and do it quickly.

i don't think i will open it to candle seeming that it is day 21 and it isn't an over welming smell but there seems to be a slight oder. i candled most of them a week ago and they looked good except one that i marked and i dont see any seeping anything

i was adding water and just caused the bator to shut down so i had to take out the eggs to change the fuse that didnt help so i had to bypass the fuse holder now its working eggs are back in its back up to temp, my question is did i just mess up my 36 eggs that are due hatch today

Back
Top Bottom