Day 23 incubating. No pip

Pics
They are all dead.
Awwww. I am SO sorry. That's such a trauma for youngsters, especially the first time they watch a hatch. That "Circle of Life," thing is a tough lesson, even for grown-ups! My matter-of-fact, dairy farming sister always told my children, "Sometimes, when you have livestock, you have dead-stock." They're nearly grown, now, but they'll still quote their aunt.
New chicks should help ... post pics, please?

Found these guys. Black copper maran crossed with lavender orpington. We ended up with 5.. cause... chicken math! Haha means we added one to the amount we would of had because they were the only 5 of these left.

Attachments

• 20190205_114143.jpg
    20190205_114143.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 13
Oh Good HEAVENS!! Those little ones are SO CUTE! I can't wait to see how they grow. Ya know, now would be a really good time to start a science fair project for your youngsters. Pictures ... daily observations ... put a short ruler in the brooder so they can "measure" against it without over-handling the babies ... how much do they eat ... all that fun stuff. They'll get so involved with the new babies that they'll get over their initial disappointment quickly ... and have a great learning experience, to boot.

Found these guys. Black copper maran crossed with lavender orpington. We ended up with 5.. cause... chicken math! Haha means we added one to the amount we would of had because they were the only 5 of these left.
:love
Oh Good HEAVENS!! Those little ones are SO CUTE! I can't wait to see how they grow. Ya know, now would be a really good time to start a science fair project for your youngsters. Pictures ... daily observations ... put a short ruler in the brooder so they can "measure" against it without over-handling the babies ... how much do they eat ... all that fun stuff. They'll get so involved with the new babies that they'll get over their initial disappointment quickly ... and have a great learning experience, to boot.
:thumbsup

I’m not sure how they got lavender colored chicks from that cross unless it’s a 2nd generation cross, and the Marans carries lavender, because to show the lavender color, a bird must get a copy of the lav gene from both parents. Otherwise they just look black (but can still carry the lav gene)

Very pretty chicks though! Will be interesting to see how they grow out.

Back
Top Bottom