Day 23 incubating. No pip

Pics

Cohl0406

Songster
5 Years
May 29, 2014
Day 23 incubating and not one sign that they want to start hatching anytime soon. I candled before lock down and saw movement although hard to spot. Do I just keep them in the incubator and watching? First time hatching.

What temperature have you been using? Is this a still air incubator or a forced air? Have you candled to make sure they are actually fertile and developing? Did you also candle and verify that the air cells were growing properly?

Sorry for the 20 questions routine, but we need a little more info to help :)

Still air. Temps have been a constant 99-101 about a week in it did drop a couple times to about 80 but since then no issues. Yes I've candled and right before lock down I did again and was barely able to see movement and marked the air cells which seemed average from pictures I've looked at online. I removed 2 infertile eggs and one that sadly stopped developing.

Air cells were good size. I'll admit I picked them up today to look closely and air cells are a bit bigger, about a cm or cm.5 bigger than 5 days ago. At lockdown the air cells took up the entire rounded end of the egg.

Humidity has been a struggle it averages around 40 and gets a little higher at night.

The eggs were from my own flock in the yard. We had a rooster then but he was dispatched about 2 weeks ago.

Only way I can get humidity up higher is by putting my small diffuser/humidifier in there and I can get it up to 85. Isnt that too high though?

The eggs were from my own flock in the yard. We had a rooster then but he was dispatched about 2 weeks ago.

Only way I can get humidity up higher is by putting my small diffuser/humidifier in there and I can get it up to 85. Isnt that too high though?
I don't understand? Why can't you add something that contains water ?

Back
Top Bottom