Day 23 incubating. No pip

Heres one egg. You can see where I marked the air cell at day 18 and it's gotten a bit bigger since then

Attachments

• 20190202_180625.jpg
    20190202_180625.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 39
Heres one egg. You can see where I marked the air cell at day 18 and it's gotten a bit bigger since then

Veining looks good, looks like it's still alive :) I think now all there is to do is to try to make sure the temperature stays high enough, and wait.

What was the date you set the eggs too, just out of curiosity?

I set them Jan 10. They are Easter egger and cornish game roo crosses.

Not being able to see much is a good thing right? I'm trying to even out humidity now but it's definitely up. Temp has evened out also.

Yes, when they get to the end of incubation, the chick is taking up most of the egg so all you can really see is the veins at the top. It's a good thing :) If, when candling, you gently tap the egg, the baby inside will often also move slightly.

So how much longer should I wait for them to hatch? My kids (and me) are super excited and the kids are already up in arms that we are past the date I gave them lol.

Haha, tell them they'll just have to be patient :p There's really no way to know for sure how late they're going to be. Probably not more than another day or so, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom