Day 23 Internal Pip

@SammyKay
How is egg 2 doing ?
How is baby 1 doing ?
Running around and fluffy now ?
Baby 1 is running around a lot pecking at things and peeping 😊 but it's still slightly wet especially on its head. I started to decrease the temperature on the incubator just a little bit too get it ready for the brooder. The other egg hasn't made any progress though :/ it did peep every now and then and shake a bit but it seems to not be doing much right now. Tomorrow morning it'll be 48 hours since the external pip so maybe I should put baby in the brooder and work on pulling some shell off tomorrow to see what's going on in there?

Baby 1 is running around a lot pecking at things and peeping 😊 but it's still slightly wet especially on its head. I started to decrease the temperature on the incubator just a little bit too get it ready for the brooder. The other egg hasn't made any progress though :/ it did peep every now and then and shake a bit but it seems to not be doing much right now. Tomorrow morning it'll be 48 hours since the external pip so maybe I should put baby in the brooder and work on pulling some shell off tomorrow to see what's going on in there?
At 48 hours I would candle
Not the bottom of the air cell like normal but the side of the egg
You should be able to see veins or if they are gone
If gone then make the zip and open the cap a little
Let baby try the rest
If veins then wait 4 hours abd check again

At 48 hours I would candle
Not the bottom of the air cell like normal but the side of the egg
You should be able to see veins or if they are gone
If gone then make the zip and open the cap a little
Let baby try the rest
If veins then wait 4 hours abd check again
You can bring baby out into the brooder anytime
But make sure to talk to the last egg to encourage it

You can bring baby out into the brooder anytime
But make sure to talk to the last egg to encourage it
Baby 2 hatched but it was a little smaller than the other one and very weak. It kept getting trampled and was barely moving. I took baby 1 to the brooder and put a little mirror to try and distract it from not having its sibling with it. Just not really sure what I can do for this little one in the incubator. 20240204_235239.jpg

Baby 2 hatched but it was a little smaller than the other one and very weak. It kept getting trampled and was barely moving. I took baby 1 to the brooder and put a little mirror to try and distract it from not having its sibling with it. Just not really sure what I can do for this little one in the incubator. View attachment 3740850
They can look weak after hatching
It’s a lot of work
You did the right thing moving baby 1 so baby 2 can rest
Once baby 2 is up moving around you can bring it to the brooder
I like to see mine walking around in the incubator first
Usually 4-6 hours
Some take longer and that’s okay

Back
Top Bottom