Day 23. Update day 24 Candled..

annrich

Songster
12 Years
May 27, 2007
Western NY
Well its day 23 with my little lonely egg. I can see the egg wiggle once in a while. I have decided though that I am not intervening. I know some will disagree with me, but I decided that I don't know how strong a chick will be if it can't get out of its own shell. I will just sit here and wait.
Any ideas on just how to do that?

Last edited:
Is it in your homemade bator?...If so you know the temps and humidity can play a big part so just have patience.... I had some get out once on day 25 ....

Quote:
It is in my homemade bator. I did have a slow temp problem in the begining. Had to change the watts of the bulb. Everything has been perfect so far. Top of eggs, wiggler sides of bator. LOL there are 3 thermometers and two for humidity. Well one is an acurite. Vents are good. you know the drill

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm not intervening at all. I know chickens have been hatching forever without help. It is still alive because it has wiggled. I think it was slow temps in the beginning that is making it late. Still day 23 I set them at 6:30 pm. So I am
fl.gif
that it will pop out of there soon.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks, thats what my husband calls the egg. "The lone ranger" when he walks by the battor he says " Hi-Ho Silver away" lol

Last edited:
I candled the "lone" egg. There is movement. Air cell looks good. I don't know why it wants to hang out in that egg.

Back
Top Bottom