Day 24 And no pipping. Chick seems to be alive.. What should I do? What should I look for?

Is there any chance you could take a photo of candling the egg, without turning the egg or moving it too much? You'll have to be careful, if you can, perhaps candle it inside of the homemade incubator without moving the egg at all- and take a photo-
It would really help here to see what you can see. Since the egg is on a heat matt, in this situation its possible the egg is a little on the cool side and will develop slower, so don't worry too much about being on day 30... Although, is this a Mallard type duck egg? Do you know the breed? Muscovy take longer.
once the parent leaves I will try to. I'm not worried about the day since yes, this is a muscovy chick. Im only worried about it hatching early.

Update: The duck made more spots but I cannot take pictures at the moment. My mother is allowing me to buy an incubator and pick up more eggs from the ranch I work at :D

Is there any chance you could take a photo of candling the egg, without turning the egg or moving it too much? You'll have to be careful, if you can, perhaps candle it inside of the homemade incubator without moving the egg at all- and take a photo-
It would really help here to see what you can see. Since the egg is on a heat matt, in this situation its possible the egg is a little on the cool side and will develop slower, so don't worry too much about being on day 30... Although, is this a Mallard type duck egg? Do you know the breed? Muscovy take longer.
So after a few days of not being online i am finally able to provide photos of the bruise which is only growing larger and larger. Is it trying to get out? I apologize for the low quality. The bruise is really dark irl but is growing some pink too! I outlined it for you to see.

Attachments

• egg.png
    egg.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 6
  • egg.jpeg
    egg.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 6
So after a few days of not being online i am finally able to provide photos of the bruise which is only growing larger and larger. Is it trying to get out? I apologize for the low quality. The bruise is really dark irl but is growing some pink too! I outlined it for you to see.
the duckling might have hit a vein, could you candle the egg, look for movement very carefully, and also take a picture of it being candled, don't worry about taking your time, just be careful and pop it right back in the incubator once you're done

the duckling might have hit a vein, could you candle the egg, look for movement very carefully, and also take a picture of it being candled, don't worry about taking your time, just be careful and pop it right back in the incubator once you're done
I'm going to wait a few days for this, just because I got a whole clutch and i dont want to disturb the most ready one. i dont want to over stress them but i will get back to you

Back
Top Bottom