Day 24 And no pipping. Chick seems to be alive.. What should I do? What should I look for?

The food we have now is a mixture of ingrediants as my mother used to make her own for her chicks and ducks using corn meal. But I don't trust it much any more.
yeah, homemade recipes really dont have the blanace they need, but non medicated chick crumb with nutritious yeast works well and is usually available

By the way any tips for lockdown? I want to check on the humidity levels of the little guy but I already candled it yesterday So I should leave it alone for a few days/
its best to leave them alone due to humidity escaping. But it doesnt hurt to have a peak incase of any concerns that may arise. The real danger is if there is an external pip, at that point you really need the humidity to stay in and it should only be opened if absolutely necessary

its best to leave them alone due to humidity escaping. But it doesnt hurt to have a peak incase of any concerns that may arise. The real danger is if there is an external pip, at that point you really need the humidity to stay in and it should only be opened if absolutely necessary
Ohh okay I am a little worried but also I H E A R N O I S E And at the end of the egg the shell did kind of rise. But it should not hatch yet so I'm not sure. I think I'll have a peak and leave it till thursday.

By the way any tips for lockdown?
I made the huge mistake of trying to compensate for too high humidity during the previous days with low humidity during lockdown. Doing a necropsy I saw some chicks were shrink wrapped by the tissue. So I’m leaning toward recommending high humidity for lockdown. Though you may have a tricky time of it if your eggs are at different developmental stages

I made the huge mistake of trying to compensate for too high humidity during the previous days with low humidity during lockdown. Doing a necropsy I saw some chicks were shrink wrapped by the tissue. So I’m leaning toward recommending high humidity for lockdown. Though you may have a tricky time of it if your eggs are at different developmental stages
The air cell is showing signs of low humidity right now, but I am refilling the water cap frequently so I am not so worried. The oldest duck egg may still have a few days to a week till hatching, although luckily there are strong veigns there so he isn't dying any time soon. I have my hopes on the little one. I'm going to check on the other three.

The air cell is showing signs of low humidity right now, but I am refilling the water cap frequently so I am not so worried. The oldest duck egg may still have a few days to a week till hatching, although luckily there are strong veigns there so he isn't dying any time soon. I have my hopes on the little one. I'm going to check on the other three.
So one egg is on day 3 the others wont show development till another 4 or 3 days. Damn that little tiny embryo could move though

Back
Top Bottom