1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 24 bobwhite quail incubation - nothing

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Critter Crazed, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Critter Crazed

Critter Crazed Chicken Cuddlin' Cheesehead

Jun 22, 2009
    Hi all! I'm on day 24 of incubation for my bobwhite quail. Temp is 99F, humidity is 70-75%. I put them in lockdown day 20. I have a still air LG.

I had one pip about 15 hours ago but I don't think it broke the membrane. It was just a small break in the shell. It moved slightly a few hours ago. No other movement.

I did candle one egg and I saw that it wasn't in the air cell yet. Couldn't tell if there was movement or not.

Should I be worried? Also, I'm really wanting to candle another egg to see if it's in the air cell but I'm also trying to just sit on my hands. Someone tell me to leave them alone! Haha.

2. Critter Crazed

Jun 22, 2009
    Also we are having a really bad storm here in Wisconsin. Any tips on what I should do if the power goes out?

3. Binki

Binki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Sorry I don't have experience with bobwhite hatching, any updates?? Did they pop out? :)

4. Critter Crazed

Jun 22, 2009
    Yes!! I currently have five out and more on the way!!

Binki likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by