day 28 for bantams :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by UGAchick, May 12, 2010.

1. UGAchick

UGAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Should I have any hope? I opened one just now to find a fully developed chick with a big yolk still. What should I do?

2. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    i had just hatch at day 27 so there is still hope

3. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Vermont
    Are you certain they're still alive? Have you candled/ listened/tried the warm water trick? Were your incubation temps low? You've already been far more patient than I would have been able to manage.

4. Kindafarma

Kindafarma Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I just had a guinea keet hatch out at day 31 in the incubator, and everyone said they never had them hatch out past day 29. (The normally hatch in 28 days) My little guinea is happy and healthy and strong.....I'm hoping more will hatch! Maybe I'm too stubborn to give up [​IMG] But ya just never know....I'm hangin in there for a couple of more days!

5. UGAchick

UGAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    I don't know if they are alive. What is the hot water trick? It is sod that they are fully formed!

6. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Vermont
  7. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    I throw any that haven't hatched out by Day 25. They are not likely to be alive, it's just too long. Was the one you cracked open alive? When I had to check mine at day 24, I put the eggs in warm water and waited to see if there was any movement. If the chicks are alive, they will wiggle in the egg. I did not have any wiggle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by