1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 28: Tapping but not pipping? (Indian Runners)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by gooseler, Jun 5, 2017.

1. gooseler

gooseler Just Hatched

Feb 9, 2017
    So it's day 28, and two of my five eggs have (I assume) internally pipped, and are actively tapping on the inside of the shell. My problem is that they have been doing this for over a day now, and there still hasn't been any pipping. I'm sure I'm getting worried for no reason and that they know what they're doing, but I can't help checking every 10 minutes to see a pip. The other eggs are moving around but don't seem to have internally pipped yet. How long after they begin tapping should they pip? I'm guessing the other eggs will be a few days late, how can I make sure everything goes okay for them all? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Have no worries at this early stage....All you can do is wait and then wait some more ....And then you keep waiting...They take lots of rests before they ever hatch....

Best wishes....:frow

gooseler likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by