Day 29 silver apple yard eggs. Day 28 could hear tapping/pecking and seen egg movement. Today absolutely nothing and had a temp drop last night.

Those bruises are outside the air cell ? One looks close to it ? Can you hear the baby scratching in the egg
The air cell looks good in the pictures
I'm not hearing anything at all today :/ and yes the bruise is on the pointed end, the other egg the little bruise is pretty much where the cell meets the rest.

Those bruises are outside the air cell ? One looks close to it ? Can you hear the baby scratching in the egg
The air cell looks good in the pictures
This one was one under my duck
I saw a tiny dark bruise and made a safety hole in the middle of the bruise just small as I didn’t want to hit anything. 24 hours later her bruise had moved up as you see I made the new hole there and picked a little more shell off to Check for veins in the bruise it was good so was able to give her a little bigger hole maybe the size of half a dime then it was wait and wait and slowly assist. She is 4 months old now and doing great
If this is what your bruises look like and they are outside the air cell I would make a safety hole like the first hole you see just little gives them air as they don’t have much tins when not hitting the air cell

Attachments

• 915A1BBB-9442-46D5-B99D-4A3C70B4F416.png
    915A1BBB-9442-46D5-B99D-4A3C70B4F416.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
This one was one under my duck
I saw a tiny dark bruise and made a safety hole in the middle of the bruise just small as I didn’t want to hit anything. 24 hours later her bruise had moved up as you see I made the new hole there and picked a little more shell off to Check for veins in the bruise it was good so was able to give her a little bigger hole maybe the size of half a dime then it was wait and wait and slowly assist. She is 4 months old now and doing great
If this is what your bruises look like and they are outside the air cell I would make a safety hole like the first hole you see just little gives them air as they don’t have much tins when not hitting the air cell
What do you use to make the safety hole?

What do you use to make the safety hole?
In myself used a tac bug you can use a screw , nail or small drill bit that’s got the point on it
You want it clean and sterile
Gently hold the egg while running the tac back and forth in the area you want the hole this will weaken the area to poke in. Be very careful as we can’t see where baby is so ho slow and take yiur time. You will get it wreak where a tiny piece of shell can pop off then poke the membrane so it’s open

Your humidity was high through incubation but not crazy high. I'd leave them alone. Unless SA are different from Runners. Disclaimer....I know nothing about SA.

I'd leave them be with the temp 98.5° and humidity where you have it. Let's see what happens by tomorrow. If you want to do a safety hole take a wood screw (they have a real pointy end) and very gently and slowly make a hole on the air cell end.

In myself used a tac bug you can use a screw , nail or small drill bit that’s got the point on it
You want it clean and sterile
Gently hold the egg while running the tac back and forth in the area you want the hole this will weaken the area to poke in. Be very careful as we can’t see where baby is so ho slow and take yiur time. You will get it wreak where a tiny piece of shell can pop off then poke the membrane so it’s open
So you were totally and completely right, both baby's were positioned wrong, the one that was so active yesterday was totally upside down had gotten through the membrane and appeared to have been stuck/dried to the shell in that one part while the rest of it dried out from that hole about 1/8th all the way around it. He ran out of air. The second one again the beak was directly under the bruise a hair away from the air sack. Both were gone. 💔 But thank you soooo much duck mommy for helping me, being patient and teaching me, I've learned a valuable lesson from you. I hope the next person with this issue gets to read this in time.

Your humidity was high through incubation but not crazy high. I'd leave them alone. Unless SA are different from Runners. Disclaimer....I know nothing about SA.

I'd leave them be with the temp 98.5° and humidity where you have it. Let's see what happens by tomorrow. If you want to do a safety hole take a wood screw (they have a real pointy end) and very gently and slowly make a hole on the air cell end.
Update. Ducky was completely upside down and had internally pipped, the beak was under the bruise and they didn't make it. I am curious why both were mispositioned, could it be because the eggs came from ducks that are 4 and 5 years old?

So sidty
So you were totally and completely right, both baby's were positioned wrong, the one that was so active yesterday was totally upside down had gotten through the membrane and appeared to have been stuck/dried to the shell in that one part while the rest of it dried out from that hole about 1/8th all the way around it. He ran out of air. The second one again the beak was directly under the bruise a hair away from the air sack. Both were gone. 💔 But thank you soooo much duck mommy for helping me, being patient and teaching me, I've learned a valuable lesson from you. I hope the next person with this issue gets to read this in time.
I’m so sorry
I only know from living through the same experience
I lost one Xmas day not knowing what the bruise meant in the wrong end.
The next one was under mom and the second I saw it I acted and saved her
We all learn from experience
Now you will watch for that and know exactly what to do
How is the 3rd baby ?

So sidty

I’m so sorry
I only know from living through the same experience
I lost one Xmas day not knowing what the bruise meant in the wrong end.
The next one was under mom and the second I saw it I acted and saved her
We all learn from experience
Now you will watch for that and know exactly what to do
How is the 3rd baby ?
The third when I candled it seem to have stop developing some time ago, for a lack of a better description it appeared to be more red and had floating parts.

Back
Top Bottom