day 30 duck hatch, hasn't externally pipped.

BANDIT-2017

In the Brooder
May 2, 2019
rosanky tx
Today is the 30th day of incubating my duck eggs. One of the eggs internally pipped yesterday (day 29) around 11:00 am. It is 10:00 am now and it still hasn't externally pipped. I've heard it should take 12-24 hours in between the internal and external pip. I'm wondering if I should help, or just wait to see if it will pip on its own.

Today is the 30th day of incubating my duck eggs. One of the eggs internally pipped yesterday (day 29) around 11:00 am. It is 10:00 am now and it still hasn't externally pipped. I've heard it should take 12-24 hours in between the internal and external pip. I'm wondering if I should help, or just wait to see if it will pip on its own.
What duck breed? They can quite safely amd often do take 24-48 hours. Don't worry until tomorrow. Ducks are slow hatchers. They can take 72 hours from external pip to hatch.

they are crosses between pekin and mallard females and cayuga and magpie drakes. I can hear it peeping, and pecking the egg so hopefully it externally pips soon

Back
Top Bottom