Day 31 and still no chicks but I can hear chirping

This is only needed if the chicks are having trouble hatching. I wouldn't do this unless they can't zip and pip on their own. You can also kill the chick by doing this to early. OP read that article, and gives very specific and expert details on when, how and when not to assist the hatch.
@MGG @shawluvsbirds @FoodFreedomNow
Its day 31.The chicks might be shrink wrapped so i she should help now dr she might lose the chick

This is a picture of how they look. My chicken pooped on them a lot. The two marked in green started shaking when I opened the incubator to check on them. The two in blue are broken but when I tapped on them they didn’t move at all. I think they are dead😢 when I tapped on the ones marked in red they didn’t do anything as well, and feel quite hard.
I will candle the “red” ones and see if they’re alive or not.
What should I do with the blue and green?
Listen day 31 is a lot.you either follow above mentioned steps or you might lose them.Some of your eggs are zipped so just help them out.For others, follow my steps

This is a picture of how they look. My chicken pooped on them a lot. The two marked in green started shaking when I opened the incubator to check on them. The two in blue are broken but when I tapped on them they didn’t move at all. I think they are dead😢 when I tapped on the ones marked in red they didn’t do anything as well, and feel quite hard.
gently help the green ones by peeling of shell in zip manner

Are you sure you counted the days right? Its not likely they would be still alive if it was actually day 31. Often times, mother hens will partially sit on the eggs for a few moments everyday to build their clutch. The clutch is the amount of eggs they sit on during incubation.
Is it possible you started counting the days before she had her clutch built, and was scarily incubating the eggs? It can take about a week before she decides the clutch is big enough to incubate.

or blue ones you can peel their upper hshell off.If they are dead they are dead if alive they will come out

You said you heard peeping? From which eggs are you hearing the peeping? If they are peeping, they are definitely alive. You can candle any eggs you think may be dead, just do it fast.
Your also mentioning broken eggs, are they broken from momma stepping on them, or from zipping and trying to hatch?

Did you have the food so close to her that she could eat while sitting? You want to make the food far enough away so that she has t get up to eat and drink. Then, she won't poop on the eggs. Her pooping on the eggs can cause all kinds if problems in the incubation.

Lets see what the experts say. I have experience in hatching, but am no expert. I tagged a few experts, but if you do decide to assist, I high recommend you follow the advice of that article, as it was righten by someone ever experienced in hatching with a lot of good information.
Tell us what you find after candling! :fl

I just looked at the picture again. I can see that one is broken with a foot sticking out. Can you still hear peeping from the broken eggs? The eggs with nothing are likely dead. Read the assisted hatch article, follow the instructions there and begin to assist the cracked eggs out of the shell if you can still hear chirping. If they are silent, they are likely dead.

Back
Top Bottom