Day 4 in the mail... will they survive?

Pics
View attachment 1931680 View attachment 1931679 Okay so this morning I decided they needed more room so I moved them to our bathtub. They sure are messy little things! I’m trying to keep it as clean as possible to help with the smell. As you can see I have a camera set up so I can check in on them at work. They are so fun! I need to start naming them!
Your bathroom is beautiful! I am glad they made it. My first experience with getting ducklings in the mail was not good. They came from Metzer, but didn't arrive until Thursday morning. The USPS had no idea where they were, and the tracking info continually said they would arrive Wednesday by 8pm and were on the truck to my post office from Macon (1 hr away) for all day Wednesday. But, they made it! My second batch came in Wednesday morning (also from Metzer) and the USPS employees were much nicer!

Your bathroom is beautiful! I am glad they made it. My first experience with getting ducklings in the mail was not good. They came from Metzer, but didn't arrive until Thursday morning. The USPS had no idea where they were, and the tracking info continually said they would arrive Wednesday by 8pm and were on the truck to my post office from Macon (1 hr away) for all day Wednesday. But, they made it! My second batch came in Wednesday morning (also from Metzer) and the USPS employees were much nicer!

Oh my gosh that sounds terrible! I am pretty sure I was considered the crazy duck lady who called 6 times a day. I know our post office hopes I never do that again lol.

My 10 chicks for lost in the mail and they were all dead when I went to get them today. So sad. The seller at Bresse farms is amazing and he let me upgrade shipping on my replacements. Also USPS is freaking extra horrible right now. I got hatching eggs from 4 different sellers last month and the all had been mutilated. Serial killers, lol.

My 10 chicks for lost in the mail and they were all dead when I went to get them today. So sad. The seller at Bresse farms is amazing and he let me upgrade shipping on my replacements. Also USPS is freaking extra horrible right now. I got hatching eggs from 4 different sellers last month and the all had been mutilated. Serial killers, lol.
:hit:hugs

I am so sorry, that is so sad:hugs

View attachment 1931680 View attachment 1931679 Okay so this morning I decided they needed more room so I moved them to our bathtub. They sure are messy little things! I’m trying to keep it as clean as possible to help with the smell. As you can see I have a camera set up so I can check in on them at work. They are so fun! I need to start naming them!
They look so cute and happy! Also...notice how they are huddled under the heat light...they might be cold. Maybe you can move the heat lamp closer to them or adjust the temp. If they are not under the heat lamp then they are probably cold. If you watch them you should know if they are hot/cold/ or comfortable. Again..they are SO cute!:love

I ordered 6 ducklings and they came three days later in May. They all arrived happy and healthy- mostly. One was small and runty I was worried she wouldn't make it. Although it turns out she has a spinal deformity and probably some neurological things (shes a bit of a Derpy duck) I still have my dear Darla and she is as happy and healthy as the others besides being a bit dented. It is scary not knowing if they will be okay. I think once they come if they make it the first week you are probably in the clear.

I would not separate them. They will not like it and they should have companionship at all times.

I have a cayuga male and female. My male always has a lot to say my female tends to be the most quiet of all girls except when I let them out of the run and she gets into tall grass she becomes very excited and noisey.

Dont separate the duckies. They will not like it. When ever I have to take one away to for a vet visit or if I need to check it out I always bring a second so it is less stressed (I have 6 total).

Back
Top Bottom