Day 6 candling..... do these look right?

It might be the air cell. But look at the 2nd pic, it takes up half the egg. that cant be good if it is the air cell. Isnt that way too big?

That is a bit big, what is your humidity at? Also, with e marans egg, trying holding it with the flashlight at the top of the egg where the air cell is, it is clear there and will help light the egg up better
smile.png

Quote:
Im not trying to be rude or take this off subject, but what kind of Chicken is that on your avitar????? I have a little one just like it

She's a mutt. She's a RIR or BR and an EE roo. She lays olive eggs and has a huge attitude
smile.png

Quote:
It is very dry here in WI. We are just hitting the end of winter. Still waking up with a bloody nose sometimes. I am trying to keep the humidity around 35-40%, but when i put water in it goes up to 60% and within a couple days it is down to 20%.

I am using a hovabator 2362n circulated air, both plugs are in.

hmmm, wierd, mine are in lockdown already and the air cells are no where near that size, mayeb its just the way your holding the egg?

I dont think its the air cell, i think its just part of the egg white. some of the air cells look really good, others i cant see it at all.

i am not going to candle again until day 10 or so. see what i get then.

Could be!, i actually just looked at my pictures on my phone from about day 6 to 8 and they look just like yours, and mine are doing good, just being boogers about hatching
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom