Experts pls help! Day 6 candling of quail

If they are not shipped eggs, the blood ring can be caused by a spike in the temperature of the bator. I had quite a few eggs that had blood rings this season....candled them before setting and found blood rings...they were in the enclosure all day and the temperature here has been 103°F to 106°F most days. So temperature can definitely cause blood rings, not just rough handling.
Hi 007Sean, thanks for the knowledge, they are not shipped eggs... i suspect the incubator has uneven temperature, but i am glad i managed to spot one egg still alive (the one that Nabiki said there is a chance)! Fingers crossed!!

I don’t have anything really to add. You are right about the blood ring, but patiocoturnix is right, your flashlight just may not be strong enough. That is a pretty cool day 3 pic though! Nabiki is right about the possible cause of the strange looking one, it could just be a deformed air sack.

I recommend keeping them in a few days longer. If the ‘black stuff’ starts taking up more space that is probably just the embryo growing.

Good luck with your eggs, and please, keep us updated!
Yes! I am not going to remove them because I dont think I should make a conclusion so early. Will just leave them inside. Good news is that there is one surviving egg that i manage to see the veins and heart pulsating 🤞(dont know why there are veins suddenly- i used the same torch)
20230807_234202.jpg

If you're lucky, it's just a slightly malformed air cell. If you're not, the chick has stopped developing. See how it looks in a few days.

If you're going to hatch regularly, you may want to invest in an Incubrite. I have a 700 lumen flashlight that I used to use, and it worked, but the Incubrite is better.
Thanks Nabiki, but i think this is the last time im going to hatch... too stressful! 😅 kept thinking about the eggs everyday...

That's soo true. I hatched buttons for the first time last year. Not so good 1st hatch. But I've gotten way better and now it's like a challenge..how many will I get this time???
OobChild + KaTim0719: maybe once i experienced the hatching i might keep going 🤣

I normally hatch chicken eggs and around day 7 I always think they are all dead. The chick moves further in and sometimes I find veins harder to see at that stage. I don't know why. I can't remember if I had the same thing when I hatched quail once. I now just watch for light and dark spots changing around that time.

I normally hatch chicken eggs and around day 7 I always think they are all dead. The chick moves further in and sometimes I find veins harder to see at that stage. I don't know why. I can't remember if I had the same thing when I hatched quail once. I now just watch for light and dark spots changing around that time.
Yes I agree with you, the veins disappear and all looks clear then after a few days the veins appear again. I guess we just need to wait patiently :D

Back
Top Bottom