Day 9 - sticky "sap" on eggs?

scratch that!!! I have THE TINIEST pip ever! I missed it the first time around! C'mon little buddy!

Guess what???

I had the teeniest little pip before I went to bed last night. I woke to it a tad bit bigger and then I thought I heard some peeps but couldn't be sure it wasn't the birds outside the window. I went into the kitchen, poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down in front of BYC. 20 minutes later I hear some LOUD peeping, and run to the Brinsea in the next room, and what do I see???????

Little Barred Rock egg went from the tiny little pyramid shape to out in 20 minutes.. And I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just so happy, I have my first little Easter Egger! Ameraucana daddy and Barred Rock mommy. I see another little pip on one of the three remaining Ameraucana eggs with slight movement. This little one hatched on Day 20, one day early!

Good Luck Raychel!

MB

I am so jealous! My little guy hasn't done ANYTHING since I was here at 6am :( I am getting worried. None of the other eggs are showing any pips. I set them at 4pm on a Tuesday...maybe they're just late?? :(

Oh I am sorry, I was thinking I shouldn't have posted!

I think it is too early to tell for you. I think this girl is superwoman. Her egg was the only one moving and she hatched in no time, She has been running around the Brinsea for hours. She stood very quickly. She is eating the soft part of her shell too. I don't dare open it. The blue eggs have small little cracks. but nothing else. One of them actually moved some shell, but the membrane looks actually dry. I am worried about the blue eggs too, yet it is only Day 20 for me. I set mine on the Wednesday after you, at 10pm at night. Hang in there. I have read many times on here that eggs do hatch late, and not to give up.. At lockdown you didn't smell any bad eggs.... so they were fine until then.

I hope my humidity is ok.. and the blue eggs can get out.

Fingers crossed for both our eggs,
fl.gif

Last edited:
haha it's okay! I have been a nervous wreck before reading your post :) You just have early birds! Mine are...well...lazy! hah!

I have the webcam set up at school so I am logged on and keeping watch. Hoping for an exciting day tomorrow!!

haha! touche!

Anticipation grows! I was talking with my Mom, who I sent the webcam link to and she said that she saw one of them moving during the day that I definitely missed!

Back
Top Bottom