Day old Chicks!!: 40+ breeds available: English Orpingtons, Auto Sexing Breeds, Partridge Brahmas,

Are the silkies show quality?

Whites and buffs are show quality. Many of them have been shown, though not be me personally. Cuckoos still have red/pink in the combs but are beautiful birds. BBS pen has many show quality birds in it, however, I lost both my roos. I got a replacement cockerel that is OK, but not thrilled about. Hoping to get a better roo in a few weeks from a friend. this pen throws great chicks as all the hens are show quality, but I have not hatched from this new cockerel and to me he is breeder quality but not show quality. I also lost both my silver partridge roos so I won't have silver partridge until I find a replacement or wait until some of the cockerels growing out are of breeding age.

So If i wanted to order 2 whites, 2 blacks, 1 red, and 1 cuckoo, when is the quickest you could get those chicks to me? I will pay for shipping. I would also prefer hens, if I put that in ordering instructions will I get hens? No roosters?

So If i wanted to order 2 whites, 2 blacks, 1 red, and 1 cuckoo, when is the quickest you could get those chicks to me? I will pay for shipping. I would also prefer hens, if I put that in ordering instructions will I get hens? No roosters?
All chicks are sold straight run. I do not vent sex so I cannot determine sex at hatch. Sorry! if you want girls, you would have to order juveniles that are around 8-10 weeks old. then you could get girls. However, it's rare that I have that many grow out unless I am choosing to keep them. I do have some pullets right now. They are going to run you $20-30 each though depending on quality, color, etc. usually I can ship 4-6 in my smaller box and up to 8 in my bigger shipping box. Shipping cost goes up quite a bit as well. I can try to get you a list of what I have in the sexable age range. Otherwise, to get the above in chicks I would guess around mid October. Buffs and whites arene't a problem. My cuckoos just hatched chicks so I have some chicks but will pull them when they are done hatching so the girls will hopefully lay again, but it could be a while. BBS are in with my sizzles right now but I'm gonna relocated them soon to their own pen. sorry, convoluted answer. :)

All chicks are sold straight run. I do not vent sex so I cannot determine sex at hatch. Sorry! if you want girls, you would have to order juveniles that are around 8-10 weeks old. then you could get girls. However, it's rare that I have that many grow out unless I am choosing to keep them. I do have some pullets right now. They are going to run you $20-30 each though depending on quality, color, etc. usually I can ship 4-6 in my smaller box and up to 8 in my bigger shipping box. Shipping cost goes up quite a bit as well. I can try to get you a list of what I have in the sexable age range. Otherwise, to get the above in chicks I would guess around mid October. Buffs and whites arene't a problem. My cuckoos just hatched chicks so I have some chicks but will pull them when they are done hatching so the girls will hopefully lay again, but it could be a while. BBS are in with my sizzles right now but I'm gonna relocated them soon to their own pen. sorry, convoluted answer. :)
So could you give me a list of all of the silkie chicks you have currently that I could get shipped to me soon?

All chicks are sold straight run.  I do not vent sex so I cannot determine sex at hatch.  Sorry!  if you want girls, you would have to order juveniles that are around 8-10 weeks old.  then you could get girls.  However, it's rare that I have that many grow out unless I am choosing to keep them.  I do have some pullets right now.  They are going to run you $20-30 each though depending on quality, color, etc. usually I can ship 4-6 in my smaller box and up to 8 in my bigger shipping box.  Shipping cost goes up quite a bit as well.  I can try to get you a list of what I have in the sexable age range.  Otherwise, to get the above in chicks I would guess around mid October.  Buffs and whites arene't a problem. My cuckoos just hatched chicks so I have some chicks but will pull them when they are done hatching so the girls will hopefully lay again, but it could be a while.  BBS are in with my sizzles right now but I'm gonna relocated them soon to their own pen. sorry, convoluted answer.  :)

So could you give me a list of all of the silkie chicks you have currently that I could get shipped to me soon?

Sorry I missed this. For some reason I can't get the notifications to come to my email. Please send me a PM for any ordering. You will get a much quicker response. :). I can tell you that I have mostly blue, black, and cuckoos right now. They rest of my colors are just staring to lay after molting, Broodiness, etc.

Hi, wondering when you might have cream Legbar chicks and Lemon Cuckoo Orpington chicks to ship and if you ship hens only on auto sexing breeds?

Thanks,
Kris

Hi, wondering when you might have cream Legbar chicks and Lemon Cuckoo Orpington chicks to ship and if you ship hens only on auto sexing breeds?

Thanks,
Kris

There is a chance I could have some legbars available on 10/7. yes I can ship only pullets but usually not more than 3-4 at a time right now due to being backed up a bit on orders and the girls molting and not laying well currently. I have a new flock that should be adjusting and laying within a week or two which should help. :)

I saw a post saying your in northern ca. I tried to research where and found that your in Redding. I am in Redding too!. How fun is that! I have 5 Ameracauna hens, 1 Ameracauna rooster, 2 barred rock hens, 1 buff Orpington hen and 2 Rhoad Island Red hens. I am incubating my first batch of eggs due to hatch Oct 2nd. We will see how this hatch goes. I am sure we will he doing business in the future :)

I saw a post saying your in northern ca. I tried to research where and found that your in Redding. I am in Redding too!. How fun is that! I have 5 Ameracauna hens, 1 Ameracauna rooster, 2 barred rock hens, 1 buff Orpington hen and 2 Rhoad Island Red hens. I am incubating my first batch of eggs due to hatch Oct 2nd. We will see how this hatch goes. I am sure we will he doing business in the future :)

excellent! glad to know another redding chicken lover! :)

Back
Top Bottom