De-wormer help please

It hasn’t been scientifically proven but my neighbor is an old timer 4 th gen farmer and he swears by it. I used it on mine and it has at least prevented any worms. I think there’s something to it but you know , it’s truly one of those debatable topics especially if one wants to be all natural and use only organic materials. Thanks for you onsite Isaac 0 😀
Just because someone is old doesn't mean they know all facts.

Ask him if he thinks DE works to rid worms too, please. :pop
He said de is good for mites and fleas when sprinkled on the birds because it shreds them( which I already knew) But he said he never heard of using de as internal dewormer but it probably won’t work since it would get pasty. He’s real nice and has over 400 chickens and said to me “partner , I’ve learned by 80 years of living. Heed my advice or not , never hurts to Try tho.” Just saying I’ll listen all day and take from it what I can. Plus his son supplies all my straw and sod for practically nothing lol great neighbors.

I just found some crapped-out roundworms one my old adults and did a first treatment of Levamisole. Mixed the powder in the bottle with 500ml water, then took 10ml to a gallon of water as sole drinking source for 2 days. Will repeat in ... haven’t figured out that part yet, probably 2weeks. Just need to look up the life cycle of the worm.

This site was helpful,IMO:
https://heritageacresmarket.com/how-to-deworm-chickens/

Back
Top Bottom