de-worming questions

I bought some wazine this week just to KNOW that what I was doing was worked...however

I also feed 1/2 cup crushed cayenne pepper flakes to them too. I didn't mix it in their feed at all. I just piled it up in the outside run and it was gone in no time! Chicks and adults alike ate them quickly without hesitation.

So... if you choose to go the cayenne route, try feeding pepper flakes. Just put them in a pile or bowl and watch them disappear!

-Ryan

My girls are a year old and have never done anything regarding de-worming. Maybe I'm behind the eight-ball on this? I use DE in the coop and run which is sand. Is worming done just to prevent worms? I've not had an issue w/ any.

I'm going to try the cayenne flakes route but have never come across them. I did a search and found a site to make my own. Being a DIY gal, I was inspired. Here is the link if anyone else is interested. http://www.janespice.com/recipes/how-to-make-red-pepper-flakes

Not to hijack the thread. But, what are the indicators that your birds have worms? I am a newbie so, if this is a dumb question,,,,apologies (my girls haven't been outside yet)....

This is a very controversial topic! Many people dont want to givetheir chickens chemical wormers because they are trying to keep their flock free of such compounds. Others will tell you if you don't chemically treat for worms, whether you think you have them or not, you re asking for trouble and could be killing your flock. The pro chemical team seems to say vinegar, garlic,etc, is ineffective. The natural flock master says vinegar, cayenne, garlic all work for worming. Who is a newbie supposed to believe? So frustrating!
1f62b.png

Back
Top Bottom