Dead or sunbathing? PICS!

Good Grief, I am glad I saw this post!!

I would have thought my chickens were dead if they looked like that !!!
scream.gif

Your pics are great folks!!!

I never thought chickens could be so cute until I met them up close myself and witnessed their manners (and at times, their LACK of manners:lol:)

BJ, if you are still plugged in, what are the black/white birds in you pic? Striking

Quote:
They are Silver Sebrights....beautiful birds, aren't they? They are bantams.

I've been watching chickens sunbathe for over 10 years and I still get caught off guard when they look that dead! Mine were out there doing it yesterday too but today it's raining so they're sulking at the edge of the yard under the trees, under the deck, under the coop, in the coop. They're not happy!

It's a "dead chicken" post...there are some really great pictures here!!! Today my partridge silkie was buried in the vegetable garden, should have taken a picture, you couldn't tell where the dirt ended and the chicken began!!

I am so glad I saw this thread!! I've seen my chickens having a dust bath, but until today, I had NEVER seen them sunbathe! My RIR/leghorn hen just rolled over on her side in in this dust hole (for lack of a better term
tongue.png
) she made....I thought there was something wrong with her! Good to know she's not having neurological problems....lol!!!

Back
Top Bottom