Dear Eggland's Best: THAT's your BEST? Gimme a break!

I stood in for the ranch cook yesterday, and ended up making a horrible mess. I hadn't realised quite how easy the store bought eggs are to crack, three taps and you have egg all over the counter
tongue.png

When my hens are laying better we have a pretty good deal though. I give her as many eggs as she needs, and the ranch pays my feed bill
big_smile.png

Quote:
We have to buy store bought since I only have one girl laying right now. Eggland's best... what a joke. I prefer the cage free ones in the gray carton (can't remember the name) if I have to have store bought. My home grown eggs have been fertilized by my SLW roo, so they're priceless to me.
smile.png

Side note... hey Lee, what's the name of the pretty boy in your avatar?

Well, not very original. My granddaughter named him Wyan. She bought him with her own money, so what could I say?
lol.png
He is a very good flock master.

I had some of the last of the store bought eggs in my fridge (the expiration date on them said December 1, 08 so they been there for awhile) that I bought before the girlies really went into production. As they're going through a little mini-moult I decided to stir up some scrambled eggs for them this morning to give them a little extra protein. The kids saw what I was doing and wanted to know what I was making. Scrambled eggs. EEEEEWWWWWW, those eggs look white!!! And they did. The yolks were so pale yellow that the resulting mess looks nothing like the rich yellow/orange eggs my kids are used to eating. LOL!

Quote:
I get $2.00 for my eggs but I think they are at least worth $3.00 and I've even had some complain they are too high at $2.00. I live in amish territory and a lot of them sell their eggs for $1.50. There is one girl where i work that won't buy from the amish anymore because when she got the chance see inside their coop there was a pile of chicken poop about 3 foot high under the roosts.

Back
Top Bottom