Deb's Flock - new ducklings March 2016 (pic heavy)

*squeezes in*

caf.gif
pop.gif

In this thread it will be "squeeees in"
gig.gif

I have ducklings...5 of them. A runt cayuga. She won't eat, but has pooped & had some water. Poo looked normal. Her leg is all messed up. Splayed out behind her. Gave her water time. She tries to get the leg to the front, but it just won't go. She did flap her web in the water. Doesn't seem to be painful. Can't put her with the others unless I'm there. They trample & attack. Mark on the way to get some liquid vitamin B complex. Anything else I can do??

Working on pics now. It's hard to be joyful with one runt that has a bum leg.

Hurray! and sorry. I had a runner that wouldn't eat much at first. I put a little pinch of sugar in the bottom ring of her drinker and that got her going. Also check out: http://www.poultryhelp.com/spraddle.html
It sounds like she might have one leg spraddle and this can be fixed pretty fast if it is done soon.

Also if it is possible, divide your brooder rather than putting her in a separate one so that they can see each other. That way if you can get her eating and walking, when she rejoins the brood, they will be more receptive to her.

Last edited:
Thanks, Tony. Honestly, I think she's making progress.

Here's some pics. Will get better ones later.

Oh how cute are they!?

So sorry to hear one of them is having issues. Spraddle leg is generally really easy to fix if that is what is wrong with her legs. I've had to fix it in baby parrots a couple of times. Hardest part is that I always had to keep the injured one away from the clutch mates so they didn't trample the injured one.

Back
Top Bottom