Deb's Flock - new ducklings March 2016 (pic heavy)

Hope it's a big mug!
1f607.png

It is!
thumbsup.gif

gig.gif

Thanks!  We've taped the leg, but it doesn't seem to be helping yet.  I'm letting her get some rest now.

Thanks!

Well, here's the weird thing.  The runt makes 5.  She's smaller,a lot lighter in color than the healthy Cayuga and has the splayed leg.  I'm wondering if they shipped her by mistake.  She was the only one without a green rubber band on her right leg.

I made her a mash so she did eat quite a bit.  Hope I can help her get better!!  :fl

Beautiful babies!!! Hope the runt pulls through... you already got some great advice, only thing I can add is give some extra nutridrench for a boost too... :love :fl :hugs

:lau   :gig   AND ducks, too!

:gig

My phone has a one track autocorrect!!

Your phone must know Phil's phone!!! :lau

Thanks! We've taped the leg, but it doesn't seem to be helping yet. I'm letting her get some rest now.

Thanks!

Well, here's the weird thing. The runt makes 5. She's smaller,a lot lighter in color than the healthy Cayuga and has the splayed leg. I'm wondering if they shipped her by mistake. She was the only one without a green rubber band on her right leg.

I made her a mash so she did eat quite a bit. Hope I can help her get better!!
fl.gif
I would say that maybe it was a bonus duck, but they usually don't send those with orders less than 10. As an unbanded duck, it is probably straight run so it may be a drake or a duck. It might also be a Black Runner or if it is possibly brown it could be a KC or a Chocolate Runner. It can be hard to tell when they are very small. Some of my Runners didn't always look runnerish when they were real small - they would keep their necks short and puff up and just look like a smaller duckling. If it is just lighter on the chest, it might be a Black Swedish. Since its leg is injured, you can't use the stompy action that Runners love to identify it either. They may have just figured it was a goner and put it in as a packing peanut to give the other ducklings more padding and warmth. Well you show them and have a strong healthy extra duck
big_smile.png
(and name it peanut
lau.gif
).

Last edited:
LOL...I have a cat named Peanut.

The runt is all gray with black legs & feet. I'll take some pics of her (I checked her vent & she's a she) with her sister that is definitely Cayuga.

LOL...I have a cat named Peanut.

The runt is all gray with black legs & feet. I'll take some pics of her (I checked her vent & she's a she) with her sister that is definitely Cayuga.
Then I would say only Cayuga or Black Runner.

Here is a picture of little Ebony. She was our hard luck story duck. In this picture she was soaking because she was constipated. The shot glass had the tiniest amount of Epsom Salts in it because just soaking wasn't doing it. She is also the 'ling I mentioned earlier that needed a sugar kick start - she wouldn't eat her food at all until she had a couple sips of sugar water. Anyway she was a Runner and she didn't look much like one until she got a little bigger.

Last edited:
Aw, yes, I remember Ebony's story now. Such a cutie!

I'm fine with whatever breed she is...just hope she makes it. The difference between her & her Cayuga sister is significant as far as coloring (& size/health).

More baby pics...

Willow on the left, Walnut with something to say on the right.

Walnut on the left with Willow.

Healthy Cayuga on left.

Healthy Cayuga on left.

Buff baby.

Buff baby cheeping.

love.gif
Now we're talking!!!! Mystery duck (now that I've seen it.) is a Blue Runner 90% sure (the 10% is chocolate runner or KC - I am not absolutely sure on the color). Look for black blotches to form on the fuzz and feet to get splotchy as it matures.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom