December 2022 hatch-a-long

am I on the only strange one that talks to the eggs when they are hatching? LOL I find when I talk the zip faster and wiggle around more. haahaa. My family was laughing at me with the chicks last weekend as I was cheering them on through the incubator. haahaa.

I play mama and chick videos for them 😅 Usually I’m encouraging and making up little songs, but hate hearing my voice recorded… They definitely respond to us!
oh I play chicks too. haahaa. This time they didn't respond much to that though but did to me talking (I am the same way with hearing my voice recorded so probably woudn't talk if I was doing a live. LOL) but it was so neat watching them when I said nothing and they were just resting and the second I started to talk they would start wiggling and pecking away!

I also love watching the other chicks that have already hatched going over to the ones that are pipped and talking to them/cheering them on. This crew was a bit crazy though and one would "run" around the incubator and trip over the other eggs and literally roll over the top of it and fall on its face. They didn't do as much cheering on as the ones I hatched in the spring. LOL

I like it on youtube when they just play momma chicken and chicks. No human voices. I don't like videos where some lady is videoing chicks and talks the whole time. "Oh, look a the cuteeee chickkkeees! Arnth they just the cuteee-est thing you ever seeen? I remember when I was a little girl...blahblah, blah, " you get the idea.

I like it on youtube when they just play momma chicken and chicks. No human voices. I don't like videos where some lady is videoing chicks and talks the whole time. "Oh, look a the cuteeee chickkkeees! Arnth they just the cuteee-est thing you ever seeen? I remember when I was a little girl...blahblah, blah, " you get the idea.
ya I skip the ones with people talking when I play them videos and only play mama chicken or chick sounds. :)

oh I play chicks too. haahaa. This time they didn't respond much to that though but did to me talking (I am the same way with hearing my voice recorded so probably woudn't talk if I was doing a live. LOL) but it was so neat watching them when I said nothing and they were just resting and the second I started to talk they would start wiggling and pecking away!

I also love watching the other chicks that have already hatched going over to the ones that are pipped and talking to them/cheering them on. This crew was a bit crazy though and one would "run" around the incubator and trip over the other eggs and literally roll over the top of it and fall on its face. They didn't do as much cheering on as the ones I hatched in the spring. LOL
This is the first time I’ve seen another chick be so helpful! Usually it’s just soccer 😂

Sameeeee, just give me those chickie babies!!!

This is the first time I’ve seen another chick be so helpful! Usually it’s just soccer 😂
my spring hatches were great! I would watch them all run over to whoever was pipped and getting close to zipping or just starting to zip and stand next to them chirping away, sometimes falling asleep on the egg etc. then the next would start and they would go to that one. The funny thing was watching when 2 were going at the same time on opposite sides of the incubator so they kept going back and forth (think there were only 2-3 hatched at that time) between the 2, finally they divided up to cheer them both on. It was great! barely any soccer (and I had 10 eggs one time and 18 I think the other, in there. this time I only had 5). this time the soccer was a big thing with them. LOL

The last egg has internally pipped, so maybe we’ll wake up to another fluffer! Hoping to sleep tonight… Every time I took the dog out last night (poor pup has the runs), I’d pop up to check the eggs lol

Back
Top Bottom