December Hatch Along, anyone want to join?

Scary moment for me last night. Incubator spiked to 105!! Glad I woke up to go to the restroom and checked it. Looked in and water had evaporated (still was 40% so that was good) decided to take the lid off and check on them, all was ok they were moving in there. Refilled water and turned them.

Today sitting pretty at 99.5

You're not far from me if you need some other hatching eggs to try out. :gig

We will see how this hatch goes. My other neighbor has some she wants me to try too, my incubator can hold up to 36. I’m also hoping to buy about 6 full cclb hatching eggs from my neighbor who gave me the EE eggs already.

I may be ready in March or April!

I have one CCLB hen left here that I will be selling. I hatched out some eggs from her that had my NN/Breese mix roo over her. I'm keeping 2 of the resulting pullet's from that match.

Edit: I just realized that the CCLB hen I mentioned will be a year old next month.

Last edited:
We have a pip!!

Attachments

• 20181216_104657.jpg
    20181216_104657.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 5
I'm in !! I have 3 eggs under my blue Silkie, Pong. They are due CHRISTMAS EVE !!!
I also have 4 silkie eggs in the incubator. They are due Dec. 27 !! I'm hoping that at least one egg is from my polish. And that they are all fertile :fl

I have a partridge roo, white, blue, black, and buff, (if laying yet), silkies, a buff polish hen, (if laying yet), and black bantam, (if laying). I have 4 laying and only know 2, trying to figure who else. Can't wait to see what I get. :jumpy:jumpy
Pong has 2 eggs, after candling one was not fertile. I also have 2, the other 2 weren't fertile. Looks like 4 babies coming.

I don't normally candle until lockdown, but curiosity got the best of me with this batch. Looks like up to half are clears, I'm not really surprised. I don't think all the hens were being bred, and it was also quite cold while I collected eggs. I'm happy that I have at least 5 active embryos though (I didn't actually count, durrrr) so that should get me my two pullets I need.

Back
Top Bottom