December Hatch Along, anyone want to join?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by adtillma1, Dec 6, 2018.

1. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

You're not far from me if you need some other hatching eggs to try out. :gig

Compost King and Tbjenkins2007 like this.
  2. Tbjenkins2007

Tbjenkins2007 Songster

Apr 17, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    We will see how this hatch goes. My other neighbor has some she wants me to try too, my incubator can hold up to 36. I’m also hoping to buy about 6 full cclb hatching eggs from my neighbor who gave me the EE eggs already.

I may be ready in March or April!

Compost King and BlueBaby like this.
  3. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

I have one CCLB hen left here that I will be selling. I hatched out some eggs from her that had my NN/Breese mix roo over her. I'm keeping 2 of the resulting pullet's from that match.

Edit: I just realized that the CCLB hen I mentioned will be a year old next month.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Compost King likes this.
  4. Sean_ewing14

Sean_ewing14 In the Brooder

Dec 14, 2018
    Scotland
    We have a pip!!

Attached Files:

5. Sean_ewing14

Dec 14, 2018
    Scotland
    One out, one to go :)

Attached Files:

Compost King, adtillma1 and taghorser like this.
  6. Stacyoung13

Stacyoung13 Crowing

Apr 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Pong has 2 eggs, after candling one was not fertile. I also have 2, the other 2 weren't fertile. Looks like 4 babies coming.

Compost King likes this.
  7. Sean_ewing14

Dec 14, 2018
    Scotland
    2 healthy baby duckling :) had to give a little assist but all went smoothly and chirping away and being very active :)

Attached Files:

taghorser, Compost King and adtillma1 like this.
  8. Mosey2003

Mosey2003 Crowing

Apr 13, 2016
    NC IL
    I don't normally candle until lockdown, but curiosity got the best of me with this batch. Looks like up to half are clears, I'm not really surprised. I don't think all the hens were being bred, and it was also quite cold while I collected eggs. I'm happy that I have at least 5 active embryos though (I didn't actually count, durrrr) so that should get me my two pullets I need.

Compost King, BlueBaby and adtillma1 like this.
  9. taghorser

taghorser In the Brooder

Nov 7, 2018
    Australia
    I've got 10 days to go until my first hatch and I'm so impatient! I keep using the Chicken Colour Calculator to try and distract myself by calculating the outcomes of these eggs. Anyone got any exciting colour possibilities they're hoping for?

10. Caught-In-The-Rain

Caught-In-The-Rain In the Brooder

Dec 18, 2018
    I have 84 Coturnix quail eggs incubating and expecting 13 of those eggs to hatch in 2 days on December 20th. I am running 3 separate incubators right now and expect to start another in a few days.

Compost King and adtillma1 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: