Decent affordable tabletop egg candler?

triplepurpose

Crowing
14 Years
Oct 13, 2008
Hey there...

wondering if anyone has a good tip or two on an affordable but decent quality egg candler that sits on a flat surface (so, NOT the flashlight kind) with a plug-in cord (so, NO batteries). And also one that is powerful enough to work ok for looking into brown-shelled eggs?

I like the look of the brinsea ones but have no desire to use batteries--inconvenient to change/remove them all the time when I'm not candling), and it seems dumb and wasteful when I'll be doing candling right next to a power outlet. But I like tabletop design rather than handheld because I prefer to use both hands to cradle/maneuver the egg.

I have not seen anything online yet that fits my preferences, but i can't be the only person who ever wanted something like that...

(I've been using my iphone by laying it on the table with the light upwards, but it is too weak and leaks too much light to work well with brown eggs.)

Otherwise, I guess I'll have to make something... or just make do... <sigh>

yeah, that's sort of what i'd like to get away from... just doesn't offer a clear enough view into sturdy brown-shelled pullet eggs and i always feel like im about to drop the egg.

Back
Top Bottom