Do you decorate your coop?

• Yes, duh!

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • Oh heck no, you cray cray

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
Am I the only one that decorated their coop for their birds? we have been trying so hard to build a big coop and run (been working on it since May) that is safe enough for everyone! I felt like every day I was praying the whole ride home that my babies were safe and I wasn’t coming home to any missing. Wellll anyways it’s been a LONG time coming to get to this point, and guess what? I had a margarita (or two) over the weekend and decided to take a trip over to Hobby Lobby - where they had all my chicken decorations 50% off and figured why the heck not, I should decorate the coop! I built some swings and even added mirrors! ‍♀️ Yessss, you may think I’m a tad bit crazy, but these birds are basically my kids and since I spend more time in the coop than my own house - what a great idea LOL. See pictures attached! I just ordered my Wyze cameras too to put in the coop and outside to monitor and get alerts throughout the day while I’m gone- has anyone had luck with them?
Wow! This is so cool. I'd love to do something similar but I have ducks so they wouldn't appreciate the swing or the perches. And My coop is too small for me to actually get in. Maybe some day I will have a larger one though.. Nice work!

Wow! This is so cool. I'd love to do something similar but I have ducks so they wouldn't appreciate the swing or the perches. And My coop is too small for me to actually get in. Maybe some day I will have a larger one though.. Nice work!
Awe thank you! I ran out of house to decorate, so I moved out to the chicken coop LOL. I have a goose and 2 ducks that are with everyone else in the same coop and they look at the chickens when they get on the swings like they are crazy! LOL. My goose literally just plays with the swing most of the night swinging it back and forth while he's laying underneath of it. (I see him on the videos and I guess that's the thing to do when you're a goose and you are having trouble sleeping - ha!)

Am I the only one that decorated their coop for their birds? we have been trying so hard to build a big coop and run (been working on it since May) that is safe enough for everyone! I felt like every day I was praying the whole ride home that my babies were safe and I wasn’t coming home to any missing. Wellll anyways it’s been a LONG time coming to get to this point, and guess what? I had a margarita (or two) over the weekend and decided to take a trip over to Hobby Lobby - where they had all my chicken decorations 50% off and figured why the heck not, I should decorate the coop! I built some swings and even added mirrors! ‍♀️ Yessss, you may think I’m a tad bit crazy, but these birds are basically my kids and since I spend more time in the coop than my own house - what a great idea LOL. See pictures attached! I just ordered my Wyze cameras too to put in the coop and outside to monitor and get alerts throughout the day while I’m gone- has anyone had luck with them?
HAHA! I do not think you're crazy at all. I LOVE IT. We decorated our coop for Christmas (picture attached) and had it and pics of our two polish chickens (Loretta & Sally) on our Christmas cards this year. Everyone loved them. I'm sure your girls appreciate the extra love you give them - and love having different "stuff" to look at in their coop! If our coop was larger inside I'd totally put things in there for them. Your coop is awesome and HUGE!!! Your girls are very happy I'm sure. How many and what kind do you have?
IMG-3167.JPG

HAHA! I do not think you're crazy at all. I LOVE IT. We decorated our coop for Christmas (picture attached) and had it and pics of our two polish chickens (Loretta & Sally) on our Christmas cards this year. Everyone loved them. I'm sure your girls appreciate the extra love you give them - and love having different "stuff" to look at in their coop! If our coop was larger inside I'd totally put things in there for them. Your coop is awesome and HUGE!!! Your girls are very happy I'm sure. How many and what kind do you have?View attachment 1646034
Oh my goodness I’m in LOVE with your coop! It’s gorgeous!

I attached a pic of the outside view. I still need to work on the outside- obviously and the netting up top may be safe but it ain’t the prettiest! LOL (I need to paint it this spring and get the laying box done as well as add the old windows to the right side of it!) the work NEVER ends . But we have 2 ducks, 1 goose, 2 phesants, and 24 chickens, and 6 turkeys! Lol they all have names and are so loved it’s ridiculous lol. How many do you have?

HAHA! I do not think you're crazy at all. I LOVE IT. We decorated our coop for Christmas (picture attached) and had it and pics of our two polish chickens (Loretta & Sally) on our Christmas cards this year. Everyone loved them. I'm sure your girls appreciate the extra love you give them - and love having different "stuff" to look at in their coop! If our coop was larger inside I'd totally put things in there for them. Your coop is awesome and HUGE!!! Your girls are very happy I'm sure. How many and what kind do you have?View attachment 1646034

Sorry I forgot to attach the pic! Lol ‍♀️

Attachments

• E79E96C7-7298-4650-9893-3A50F1259C94.jpeg
    E79E96C7-7298-4650-9893-3A50F1259C94.jpeg
    649.9 KB · Views: 17
A little. I did paint it, inside and out (pale green and blue - EE egg colors), added a plaque for the inside:

Flower boxes under the window:

Fancied up the window trim:

And added these door knobs I found at Hobby Lobby:

I also found a couple of wooden "acorns" and painted the "corn" part, 1 pale green the other blue as well. They are hanging outside just under the eve. I don't have a picture of them though.

It should be BYC policy that everyone who builds a fancy coop make up a coop page.:jumpy

A little. I did paint it, inside and out (pale green and blue - EE egg colors), added a plaque for the inside:

Flower boxes under the window:

Fancied up the window trim:

And added these door knobs I found at Hobby Lobby:

I also found a couple of wooden "acorns" and painted the "corn" part, 1 pale green the other blue as well. They are hanging outside just under the eve. I don't have a picture of them though.

It should be BYC policy that everyone who builds a fancy coop make up a coop page.:jumpy

OMG HOW CUTE I saw those chicken head knobs and almost bought them when I was in hobby lobby last! They’re adorable! And yes I do agree they should make that a policy!!

Very cute! Thank you for posting and giving me some ideas...lol :)

Decorated Chicken Coop? I did not do Holiday decorations this year, only because the French Country colors don't blend with Christmas colors. The birds were disappointed. And FYI, the curtains are made from vinyl-ized (?) table cloths, so they can be hosed off. View attachment 1647573 View attachment 1647574
Oh ma ga!!! I want to live there!!!! SOOOO cute:love:love:love

Back
Top Bottom