Defective flats

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by KenK, Aug 7, 2011.

1. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Opened up a new box of Ball flats and noticed that they had a weird little bump on the edge. At first I thought it was just something new... Kept looking and realized that only four of the twelve had it. They might be fine but it's too much work to can stuff to risk it not sealing because of a faulty flat.

I'm going to stick one of them in an envelope and send it to the folks at Ball and see if they will replace.
    [​IMG]

2. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    Send them the picture too, so they know there were four.

3. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    that would make me so mad!

Lids are expensive!

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Things like that happen ~ I would just send Ball an email and attach the picture. Most companies with good Customer Service will send you a coupon for a new item.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  5. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Return the box to a local retailer that sells them. Do you have a receipt still, if not I would still try. I have never come across that problem. Definitely contact Ball they will probably send you some coupons [​IMG]

6. KenK

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet. I used seven out of the box so don't really want to take it back to the store.

7. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:I would expect it to take a couple of days to get a reply. A couple of months ago I bought a bottle of Pledge dusting spray that had a faulty sprayer. I sent them an email, received a nice reply in about 3 days then a coupon in the mail for a new bottle about a week later.

8. KenK

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    These folks are near to getting on my bad list. Still haven't heard from them.

Opened another box today of the flats and rings together and it was short one flat.

9. KenK

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Got a $3 coupon in the mail today.

10. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:I agree. That's what I would do. They should make good on the problem with a coupon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by