Delaware Gang @ Two Weeks Old (PICS for Del Fans)

not trying to threadjack, but the color of the eggs is so different, not in a bad way. Nice to add a different color to the basket
wink.png
Most of mine are growing too
wee.gif

Well, if those silly things would quit mobbing us like ants on honey, I might be able to count them, LOL. In counting a couple days ago, I got up to six girls before they mixed themselves all up and I lost count. First I tried counting girls, then counting boys, then I sort of gave up. I'm thinking I may have 6 or 7 roosters, an pretty even split, but I'll be able to let you know better when they get outside in a day or two. I'm starting to see shoulder markings now. We changed the heat bulb to a 125 Watt rather than the 250 we hung at the roof peak. It was just too hot in there to me. There is an red 60 watt reptile bulb hung as a back up to the regular heat lamp, but we are having some very warm dry weather now, so the 250 was way too much in that cozy little coop.

I also like the Delaware eggs. They vary with the individual, but some are pinky tan, most are shiny rather than matte finish, and they are a nice shape.
Tried to take pics today, but they kept trying to jump out the door, LOL. Here's all I managed to get.
DCP_2287.jpg

DCP_2290.jpg

Well, I see some nice juvy markings
smile.png
Can't wait to see what they look like when they get their adult feathers, though.

Yeah, I love the eggs. I'm always kinda proud when I can send a box out. They do look pretty.

Last edited:
I just told Janet how much I loved the look of the Delaware eggs. They really stand out in the bator.

Mine are about 8 days behind yours Cyn. The ones with the dark shoulders and dark shoulders w/head dots are boys? The ones with white shoulders girls, kind of? If they'd hold still I could get a better count but I might be dead even, half and half.

They grow like weeds. And no one apparently told them that baby chickens should be shy. Once they figured out food came from hands I was pretty much doomed to wear popcorn.

I'm liking this Del thing. Be good to have your boy to compare these to. The Barred is already adorable.

Thanks for the pics..

Back
Top Bottom